Updated on March 29th, 2020
When it comes to Valentine’s Day, if you could you would give your beloved ones, especially your parents the world. DIY gifts that come from the deep into your heart are as close as it gets. If you want some affordable and adorable ideas to gift your parents on this occasion, check out our awesome selections.
1. Heart Frames Made of Chalkboard
Wooden heart frames, chalkboard spray paint, sandpaper, and white chalk.
- Spray two bounds of the chalkboard paint on the frames. Allow it to dry for about 24 hours.
- Go over them stiffly with sandpaper to give your frames a rural and aged look. Wipe down the frames with a cloth to remove the paint dust when it is done.
- Go over the frames with a piece of white chalk. Rub the chalk all over the frame. This will set the chalkboard. Then lightly wipe off all overplus chalk with a cloth.
- Add some scrapbook paper for the background for the final touch. You can also stick in a photo. After That, draw on the frame with chalk.
2. Kitchen Towels
Craft paint in colors of your choice, letter stencils, styrofoam headed paintbrush, double sided tape, plain white kitchen towels made of cotton or linen, polka dot stencil and painters tape.
- Wash and dry your towels. Then press to make sure they are flat and nice. Lay out your towel, making sure to put on either newspaper, or cardboard behind it. Because the paint can bleed through.
- Take the letter stencils. Arrange them on your towel as you wished for. Secure them in the corners with double sided tape, when they are where you want them to, so they can’t move when you paint them.
- Charge your brush with paint. Coat some of the paint off on a piece of cardboard, so that you don’t need to have too much. Start to dab the brush over your stencil. Be careful so that you do not go over the edges Keep your color inside the letters. Until you have nice solid color, continue to fill in carefully.
- Once the paint become dry, remove your stencil carefully. Wash again, pleasant setting, withoutother clothes, then re-press them.
There are some more DIY ideas to gift your parents.
3. Beaded Beanie
This kind of beaded beanie is very easy to make for your beloved parents. It can keep head warmer, looks very cute, and can help to hide a bad hair day issue. It can be made in different colors and shapes.
4. Sharpie Mugs
Make your own mugs of love for your parents.
- Buy white cup or mug.
- Pick a Sharpie.
- Start drawing.
- Dry it out.
5. Custom Glass
DIY custom water glasses look so much beautiful.
6. Thumb Print Flower Vase
This is a super easy fingerprint flower vase that you will have a great time forming!
7. DIY Medicine Box
It will help to keep track of medicines your parents take at different times of a day.