Updated on March 25th, 2020
Almost all of us have lusted for long hair, at one point or another. Longer hair gives you more room to have fun with colors, layers, and styles. So much effort is needed to make your hair grow. We all want instant results. That’s where hair growth hacks comes in. Well, good news! With these genius tricks, you will have long, healthy hair in no time.
1. It may sound weird, but you have to cut your hair for it to grow. While haircuts don’t make your hair grow faster, they get rid of damaged ends that break your hair. Damaged end that breaks can lead to losing your hair length.
2. Elements that can affect the length of your hair like how often you wash your hair and what water temperature you use. Washing your hair too often using hot water will cause it to dry out and become breakable. So, wash your hair not more than 3 times a week using the coldest water you can manage.
3. After washing, gently blow it dry with a microfiber towel or t-shirt and let it finish by air drying. Think of your hair that made of good fabric. You wouldn’t just throw it in the dryer. You would carefully lay it out to gently air dry. Treat your hair with the same care.
4. Massage your scalpwith essential oils 1-2 times a week. Don’t use harsh chemicals on your hair. Move your fingers across your head in small, circular movements for about 5-10 minutes. This will promote blood flow to your scalp, which will encourage hair growth.
5. Healthy hair starts with a healthy diet! Eat a healthy diet full of vitamin A, C, D, zinc, and protein. Protein is the foundation of hair. You need a lot of it for your hair to grow long, shiny and healthy. Eat foods which are rich in vitamins that promote hair growth as often as you can.
6. You have to protect your hair from outer damage.Cover them up when you go to swim in a chlorinated pool, spend maximum times in the sun, or be where there is a high percentage of air pollution. Wear a hat, swim cap, and tie them up with scarf. Because your hair may get damaged by periodic exposure to these elements. Make sure to use light washing and drying system then to keep it healthy.
7. Drinking water is an absolutely essential part of growing longer hair. If you’re dehydrated, it’ll show in your hair. Your hair will become dry, and dull. So you have to drink a good of water. You’ll see the difference in no time!
8. Your hair is able to crack when it’s wet. Be careful when you brush the wet hair. Use brushes those will go easy on your banks, if you get some knots out post-shower. Start softly brushing from the ends. Then bit by bit work way up. Don’t brush just the top layer. Brush the hair below as well.
9. Many companies will try to convince you that cleanse will turn your whole life around. But doing cleanse is horrible for your hair. Because you’re separating your body of nutrients. So, stop doing that.
10. Heat styling can damage your hair. It will keep it away from growing strong and long. If you are wishing on straightening your hair, air dry it first. Don’t blow dry and flat iron in the same day.
11. It is possible to get better hair in your sleep. You just need to switch your pillowcase. It can avoid tangles and breakage. The longer your hair will be, the less breakage your hair will experience. So you need to get a silk pillowcase.
Treat your hair the way you would treat your skin. After all, it’s another part of you!